Hi guys, I have a 16 GB memory card in my mobile. I removed my memory card as I wanted to insert another card to check some data. After checking the data when I reinserted the card, it asks for a password which I don’t remember at all. I feel I am left with only one option that is formatting my card to make it run properly, but worried my data which is residing on it. What should I do to come out of this situation? Please help!
Before you try with any troubleshooting techniques, it is recommended to recover your valuable data from it first. So to handle this kind of situation make use of Yodot Card Recovery. Let us see, how does this tool work?
- Install Yodot Photo Recovery software
- Get your affected card connected to the computer
- Launch program by following given useful instructions
- The Next screen will come up with two options i.e. “Deleted Photo Recovery” and “Lost Photo Recovery”
- Choose one of the suitable option to recover photo or other media files
- Then tool will scan and display all the drives available in the system including locked memory card
- Select the card and hit on ‘Next’ button.
- Then you will get an option to select required file type or you can go with Skip option
- Once the software is done with scanning, it displays recovered files in “Data View” and “File Type View” formats
- Finally save recovered data to a desired destination location
Once you successfully retrieve data from the card you can learn how to access password protected card or learn how to unlock the memory card by following below given method.
Go to file manager of your mobile-> choose system folders from settings-> In the System folder, locate a file named as mmcstore -> then send that file to a pc or laptop with the help of data cable or Bluetooth->Then, Open that file In notepad -> There you will see the password located in the file
So by this way you can remove memory card password from android device or any other file explorer phone which gives you access to mmcstore file of memory card.
Why do you need to prefer Yodot Card Recovery tool?
A helpful tool to regain data from locked card. It can even help to retrieve data which is lost/erased/formatted or reformatted from the card. This tool helps memory card users to retrieve images, videos, audio files and other files in all kinds of data loss of circumstances. Additionally, it extracts data from SD, CF, XD, MMC, Memory Stick, SDHC and many other card types manufactured by popular companies like Kingston, Sony, SanDisk, Transcend, Kodak, Samsung etc. Mac version of Photo Recovery application is available for Mac users to restore lost/deleted media files from memory cards on Mac OS X system.