“Need quick help, my external hard drive got corrupt and not showing any files. Data saved on it is of high importance and I need to get it back somehow. It all happened when I was moving files from my USB drive to system and there was a sudden power surge that damaged the drive. Now, how can I recover data from my USB hard drive that is not working? Please help.”
USB hard drive is the most widely used storage device to hoard large data from computers. Users prefer using external hard drives having 1TB, 500GB and various storage capacities. It can save data like MS Office files, documents, reports, program files, complete partition, movies, pictures, songs and many more just like internal hard drive. However, there are times, in which USB hard drive gets corrupt due to umber of reasons and become inaccessible similar to above scenario.
Few commonly seen data disasters on USB hard drive are:
- Abrupt removal of external hard drive from system during data read / write process will damage the drive severely
- Connecting the USB drive to a malware infected system can even corrupt the drive making all its data inaccessible
- Corruption of partition or file system on hard drive is another possible causes for losing data from USB hard drive
- Adding up of bad sectors, aging factors, fragmentation, etc. will gradually lead to hard drive crash after which data will be completely lost
- Human mistakes like accidental deletion, partition format or hard drive format without proper backup will end up in huge data loss from USB hard drive
In the above scenarios, when data becomes futile on external HDD user may feel disappointing for losing valuable data. In such cases, the only way to recover data from USB hard drive is to employ third party hard drive data recovery tool. One of the renowned and efficient software to restore USB hard drive data is Yodot Hard Drive Recovery tool.
This software is brilliant enough to get back data from dead, failed, corrupted, unrecognized external hard drives that are formatted with FAT, NTFS, ReFS and ExFAT file systems. Also, this tool can retrieve data from system hard drive, pen drive, FireWire drive, SSD, iPod, MP3 players and many more gadgets storage devices with ease. It is built to work on Windows 8, Vista, XP, 7, Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems. Make use of demo version of the software to relish the recovery results even before purchase.
Working procedure of hard drive data recovery tool:
Download the software from the link given above and install it on a Windows computer. Connect your USB hard drive to this system and run the program. From the main screen, click either on Partition Recovery or on Formatted / Reformatted Recovery option according to data loss situation from USB hard drive. Next, select the drive that represents USB hard drive and then click on Mark All button to restore al file types from it. Now, software performs a scan on removable drive and restores each and every file from it. Preview the files in Data View / File Type view and save it to specific destination location.