“Please help, some important files are missing from my laptop after hard drive got infected with malware. I searched for the missing files everywhere and even in backup; unfortunately I had not saved recent copy of some files that are missing now. Can anyone suggest me about recovery of files from my laptop hard drive?
Losing valuable files from laptop is frequently seen among number of users. As laptop users save crucial information in files like documents, text, excel sheets, etc. it will be a heartbreak if any such files are lost from laptop hard drive. There are multiple scenarios in which important data from laptop hard drive can be lost. Some of them can be listed as:
- Unexpected deletion of necessary files instead of unwanted files from laptop using Shift+Del keys or when Recycle Bin is enabled with the option “Don’t move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.”
- While exploring various commands in command prompt, one may accidentally delete any file, this process will remove the file from laptop hard drive without sending to Recycle Bin
- Emptying Recycle Bin without glancing for deleted files that are stored in it
- Interrupted file transfer process from one location to other within laptop hard drive or from laptop hard drive to any external storage drive can cause missing of those files
- Sometimes, use of irrelevant antivirus tool on laptop can remove files along with viruses without user intimacy
- Impact of third party applications installed on laptop hard drive can sometimes hide files or make them missing from hard drive
Losing or erasing files on laptop in above mentioned scenarios can make one away from useful data. But this kind of troublesome situation can be solved by utilizing good file recovery programs. One such tool for extracting files from laptop hard drive is Yodot File Recovery. This tool is built with eminent algorithms that recover files in safe and secure way. Using this software, user can effortlessly retrieve files like MS Office files, documents, text, basic media files, PDFs, program files, compressed archives and so on with ease. It also renders help in restoring deleted or missing folders from laptop hard drive with FAT32, FAT16, ExFAT, ReFS, NTFS and NTFS5 file systems. Along with laptop hard drive, this software also retrieves files erased or lost from desktop hard drive, external hard drive, USB pen drive, SSD and other Windows compatible storage drives. Also, one can use this tool on Windows computers running with 7, 8, 8.1, Vista, XP, Server 2008 and 2003 operating systems.
Procedure to extract files from laptop hard disk:
Download the program on your Windows laptop hard drive in a partition other than from which files are lost or removed. Next, install and run the application. When main screen displays with two options, “Deleted File Recovery” and “Lost File Recovery”, click on either of the options based on file loss scenario. Next, choose the partition on laptop hard drive from where files have to be recovered and proceed with scanning process. As scanning ends, view rescued files from laptop hard drive in two view types. Finally, save all selected files in to destination location on computer drive.